Problems logging in
We know it’s annoying when you can’t access your music. Let this guide help you figure out what’s happening and get you back to the beat.
What to try first
Reset your password
Tip: Unsure of your Spotify username or email address? Try our handy guide to help jog your memory.
If you don't receive the reset password email, check your spam/junk filters.
- If you can't access the email address we're sending the reset link to, contact us so we can change the email address on the account for you.
- If you receive the error "password reset link in not valid, or already used", try opening the password reset link in a private browser or incognito window.
Other things that can affect login
Using the correct login fields
We have 2 ways to create an account with Spotify:
- With Facebook: Where you use your Facebook credentials to log in.
- With your email address: Where you use a Spotify username (or your email address) and password to log in.
The way to log in to Spotify depends on which of those 2 ways you created your account:
- If you made your account with Facebook, tap LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK.
- If you made your account with your email address, enter your username (or email address) and password, and tap LOG IN.
Tip: If you're not sure how you created your account, tap LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK. It will prompt you to log in to Facebook.com if you haven't already. If you don't have a Spotify account created through that Facebook account, you'll see a message saying so.
If you created your Spotify account with Facebook, but have since deactivated your Facebook account, you won't be able to log in to Spotify.
You need to either reactivate Facebook or create a new Spotify account. If you create a new account, you can contact us and we'll move your playlists, saved music, followers, and account information over.
Using Spotify abroad?
If you have a Free account, you can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days at a time. Please reconnect to Spotify in the country you signed up in, or change your country settings. For more information, check out Travel with Spotify.
Logged in, but the account doesn't look right?
If you log in but don't see what you're expecting (saved music, playlists, etc.), you might be logged into the wrong account. It's possible to create multiple accounts with Spotify, and even the best of us can forget what's saved where. Check out our guide to identifying multiple accounts for more information.
Extra troubleshooting steps
- Check that you have an active internet connection.
- Check out our error codes guide if you're receiving one.
- Check @SpotifyStatus for any current issues that could be preventing login.